Pre-registration is required. Registration is open now and will close June 1st. Come into the Litchfield Library to hold your spot on the bus and at the pageant. Space is limited. Preference will be given to Meeker County residents; please register at your nearest library.
- Bus trip is free. Attendees must ride the bus to participate in the trip.
- Reserve seating with chairs is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. General admission (lawn seating for lawn chairs or blankets) is also available. Request your preference when registering.
- Coolers are welcome. Our group will be making a reservation at the Walnut Grove community center for a supper put on by the local Catholic church for all who are interested -- make your reservation with us when you sign up if you wish to eat there.
- Children 17 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pets and video recording are not allowed.
- Our group will be going to the dugout site on the bus for an additional cost of 50 cents per person. Please bring cash.
- Our group will also be going to the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum, but anyone may choose to opt out of this. This cost is not covered by the library system. Admission is $6 per person for ages 13+, $3 for ages 6-12, and free for 5 and under. Again, please bring money if you plan to visit the museum.
- There will be a Family Festival at the Walnut Grove city park through 6 p.m. with many activities, including a Laura and Nellie look-alike contest.
We will arrive in Walnut Grove at 3 p.m. with time for seeing the dugout site, the museum, and the festival. The pageant singers perform at 8 p.m., with the pageant beginning at 9 p.m. Expect to arrive back in Litchfield between 1 and 2 a.m.
If you have any questions, stop in to the Litchfield Library or call us at 693-2483. If you are a Grove City or Dassel resident, contact your local library to reserve your spot.